Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Movie Reviews: Mandela + Lone Survivor + Ride Along

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013) Poster

Cast: Idris Elba, Naomi Harris, Terry Pheto
Favorite Character: Nelson Mandela (Idris Elba) made so many HUGE sacrifices for the advancement of his country, it is simply amazing.
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Star Rating: 5 stars. This is the story of Nelson Mandela's life from childhood to Presidency.  I am embarrased to admit that prior to this movie, I was not aware of the extreme nature of the sacrifices he made for his country.  He literally gave up everything for the sake of the cause, "It's an ideal for which I am prepared to die."  Idris Elba did an outstanding job in the role of Nelson Mandela. Run (don't walk) to see this movie!
 
Lone Survivor
Lone Survivor (2013) Poster

Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Emile Hirsch, Ben Foster
Favorite Character: How could I possibly choose just one?  Each one of the men that this true story is based on are heroes and I am truly thankful for their service to this great country.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (mainly for violence)
Star Rating: 5 stars. This is the story of a team of soldiers that set out to capture an al Queda leader.  I'm not sure why it did not occur to me until I sat down in the theatre that this movie was going to end saddly (hence the name, Lone Survivor).  The story is full of compassion, bravery, fear, courage, and all out war.  Don't miss this one!

Ride Along
Ride Along (2014) Poster
Cast: Kevin Hart, Ice Cube, Tika Sumpter
Favorite Character: Ben (Kevin Hart)!!!!!
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Star Rating: 5 stars.  I believe I can review this one with just one word, HILARIOUS!! OMG, take my word for it and just go see it! Great date night movie that is fun and lighthearted.

Linking up with Unite.

2 comments:

  1. I have been so impacted by Mandela. So looking forward to seeing his movie! We need more men to stand up and declare the truth about all of God's people! Thanks for UNITING with us today Tiffany! ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiffany! It's been a while since I've visited...LOVE your new look!! All three movies I want to go see, just haven't found the time. Hopefully they're not on dvd by the time I do get to see them, lol! Anything with Kevin Hart is definitely going to be hilarious though!

    ReplyDelete